Wednesday, December 5, 2007

When you have two homes...


Did anyone read the Hawthorne's recent prayer letter (Indonesia)?

They've found the words that I've been fumbling to find for 3 years! :o)

It seemed strange not feeling strange in this culture! It was different to come here and not feel out of place. We were able to start right back into using the Indonesian language and doing things the Indonesian way. We seem to have 2 homes and we can be at home and homesick at the same time in both places.

Wow, does that ever sum up our hearts right now, as we are preparing for furlough.

These songs take on new meaning to missionaries:




This world is not my home,
I'm just a passing through...
~~~~~
I'd rather have Jesus,
than houses or lands...
~~~~~
But just think of stepping on shore and finding it Heaven!
Of touching a hand and finding it God's!
Of breathing new air and finding it celestial!
Of waking up in Glory and finding it HOME!
~~~~~
A tent or a cottage, why should I care?
He's building a palace for me over There;
Though exiled from Home, yet still I may sing:
All glory to God, I'm a child of the KING!


Graphic Courtesy of allposters.com

No comments: