Monday, September 24, 2007

It's Heritage Day!

One of the joys of living in a foreign country is that we get to celebrate twice as many holidays in a year than we were previously accustomed too. Today is Heritage Day here in RSA....if you are interested you can read more about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Day_(South_Africa). Though I have no heritage here in the culture or traditions of this country, I took the occasion today to reflect a little bit on the heritage that God has blessed me with. The Bible has a lot to say about a heritage. Two verses of note are, Ps 16:6 The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. and Ps 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD...


It just so happens that Heritage Day also coincides with my wife's spiritual birthday! She's 13 today....lookout we've got a teenager in the house:-). The first aspect of the goodly heritage that the Lord has blessed me with, is without question, my wonderful wife! She was the heritage given to her parents, by the Lord, and passed on to me with their's and the Lord's blessing. Most certainly she is the helpmeet that the Lord prepared for me and the mother that our children need. She is a Godly example of love, surrender, faithfulness, commitment, compassion, and patience. Without her, we could not be what the Lord has made us today. Without her, we will not become what the Lord desires for us in the future . I have every confidence that my wife will always desire to be exactly where and what the Lord wants her to be. What a blessing to have a wife that is saved and truly loves the Lord! Thank you Lord for such a goodly heritage!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Teenager! did you know we share a birthday? Yours is your re-birth..this was the day that my mom had me! What a blessing to share this day in common with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kristin

Happy "Spiritual" Birthday! Mine was yesterday -- 11 years. I guess that makes you older than me! :-) Tina Dafoe

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I didn't realize our spiritual birthdays were so close together. Mine was Friday. I had completely forgotten about it, until someone wrote me a sweet note reminding me about it.

Son,
What a blessing to see the heritage of our family carried on through you! We praise the Lord for His blessings on your ministry there. Love ya all,
Mom

Rachel said...

Aaaww...how sweet of you to write that about your wife. :)

Kristin, LOVE the hair in that picture!!! Seriously....it looks ssoooo nice. (Somehow we always get on the hair subject...hhhmm) Happy spiritual birthday (a few days late!). :o)